Rogue City, is the latest Robocop game, following the footsteps of the original Robocop series, developed by Teyon and published by Nacon. While the game is brand new and quite well-optimized, players are having issues with Robocop Rogue City Crashing on Startup and loading Screen. Let’s understand the reason and get back to troubleshooting it below.
Why is the Game Crashing on Starting or while Loading?
The most genuine cause behind such issue your Pcore and Ecore value. Changing them isn’t as hard as it might sound, thus, making it effortless to fix the issue.
On the other side, it could be because of the Display Scaling, as the game crashing is caused by the display mode you are using in the game.
Thirdly, it could be an issue with the game files. As the game fails to start, or crashes in return due to the corrupted game files or something missing in the directory.
Finally, the Drivers and Game Settings are also the cause of Game Crashing. Now that we know the reason behind it, let’s talk about the troubleshooting steps to fix them as well.
How to Fix Robocop Rogue City Crashing on Startup, Loading Screen?
Following are the methods to fix Rogue City Crashing on Startup and Loading Screen.
Change Pcore and Ecore Value
Head over to the system bios and from there change your Pcore and Ecore values, downgrading them to some extent, but not that much. For example; shift the P1 from 58 to 57, and reduce all other Pcores one digit down.
Not only that, you will also have to Sync to all cores on the Ecores of your system, like from 44 to 43. Restart your system, restart the game and you can fix the Robocop Rogue City Crashing on the Loading Screen.
Change Scaling on Windows
On the Windows home screen, press the Windows Key, and search for Display Settings. Type in Display and press enter to get to the options.
From there, you can change the size of the text and apps, and after clicking on the drop-down option, you can also change the Scaling on Windows. Take it down a bit and the game will start without any crash.
Verify Game Files
One of the most common reasons for a game crashing, especially at startup is corrupted game files. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Open your Steam or GOG client.
- Navigate to your game library.
- Right-click on “Robocop Rogue City.”
- Choose “Properties.”
- Go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
This process will check for and replace any damaged game files, which could be causing the crashes.
Update GPU Drivers
Outdated or incompatible GPU drivers can lead to game crashes as well. To update your GPU drivers:
- Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, etc.).
- Download the latest drivers for your specific GPU model.
- Install the new drivers and restart your PC.
Updating your GPU drivers can significantly improve game performance and stability. Also, you can update your peripheral drivers by typing Update on Windows search and searching for Updates.
Lower Game Settings
Sometimes, pushing your PC’s hardware to the limit can cause crashes. Here’s how to adjust your game settings:
- Launch Robocop Rogue City.
- Go to the in-game settings menu.
- Lower graphical settings such as texture quality, shadow quality, and resolution.
- Save the changes and restart the game.
By reducing the graphical demands on your system, you can minimize Rogue City crashes.
Running too many background applications can strain your system’s resources. To prevent this:
- Close any unnecessary programs or browser tabs running in the background.
- Use Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to end processes that consume excessive CPU or RAM.
This frees up your system’s resources for the game.
Run as Administrator
Running as an administrator can help you fix Robocop Rogue City Crashing at Startup or Loading Screen. Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder.
- Right-click on the game’s executable file.
- Select “Run as administrator.”
This ensures the game has the necessary permissions to run smoothly.