Are you excited about playing the latest version of Diablo 4, but encountering an “out of memory” error message while trying to launch the game? Don’t worry! This guide will help you fix the issue in no time. In this beginner’s guide, we will go over how to fix Diablo 4 out of memory error.
- How to Fix Diablo 4 World Boss Not Appearing – The Panther Tech
- How To Find Diablo 4 Server Slam World Boss – The Panther Tech
- How to Fix Diablo 4 Server Slam Input Reverting or Changing to Keyboard/Mouse – The Panther Tech
- How To Fix Diablo 4 Ashava Not Spawning – The Panther Tech
What Does “Out Of Memory” Error Mean?
When you launch Diablo 4 and encounter an “out of memory” error, it means that your computer does not have enough memory to run the game.
This can happen when your computer’s RAM (Random Access Memory) is being used by too many programs at once or when the game requires more memory than your computer has available.
What Causes “Out Of Memory” Error?
Several factors can cause the “out of memory” error in Diablo 4. These include:
- Insufficient RAM on your computer.
- Running too many programs at once, using up all the available RAM.
- Inefficient memory management by the game.
- Corrupted game files or a bug in the game code.
How To Fix “Out Of Memory” Error?
Here are some solutions to try if you’re encountering the “out of memory” error while playing Diablo 4:
- Close any unnecessary programs running in the background.
- Lower your in-game graphics settings to free up some memory.
- Increase the amount of virtual memory on your computer.
- Add more RAM to your computer.
- Reinstall Diablo 4 and check if the error still persists.
- Update your graphics card driver to the latest version.
- Check for any Windows updates and install them.
Close Any Unnecessary Programs Running In The Background
One of the main reasons for the “out of memory” error in Diablo 4 is running too many programs at once, using up all the available RAM. To fix this, try closing any unnecessary programs running in the background. You can do this by opening the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), selecting the programs you want to close, and clicking the End Task button.
Lower Your In-Game Graphics Settings
If you’re encountering the “out of memory” error in Diablo 4, try lowering your in-game graphics settings. This can help free up some memory and allow the game to run smoothly. To do this, open the game’s settings, go to the graphics section, and lower the quality of the graphics.
Increase The Amount Of Virtual Memory On Your Computer
Another solution to the “out of memory” error in Diablo 4 is to increase the amount of virtual memory on your computer. Virtual memory is a portion of your hard drive that is set aside to act as RAM when your computer’s physical RAM is full. To increase the virtual memory on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on System.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Settings under the Performance section.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Change under the Virtual memory section.
- Uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- Select the drive where you want to increase the virtual memory.
- Select the “Custom size” option.
- Change it.
Add more RAM to your computer
If you’ve tried all the above solutions and are still experiencing the “out of memory” error, it may be time to consider upgrading your computer’s RAM. Adding more RAM to your computer will increase the amount of memory available for Diablo 4 to use, reducing the likelihood of the error occurring. RAM upgrades are relatively simple and can be done by purchasing compatible RAM and installing it into your computer.
Reinstall Diablo 4 and check if the error still persists
If you’re still experiencing the “out of memory” error after trying all the above solutions, it may be a problem with the game itself. Try uninstalling Diablo 4 and reinstalling it to see if this fixes the issue. Sometimes, a fresh installation can solve any issues that were present in the previous installation.
Update your graphics card driver to the latest version
Your graphics card driver plays a vital role in how well Diablo 4 runs on your computer. If your graphics card driver is outdated, it may lead to the “out of memory” error. To fix this, try updating your graphics card driver to the latest version. You can do this by going to your graphics card manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest driver.
Check for any Windows updates and install them
Windows updates can also play a role in how well Diablo 4 runs on your computer. If you haven’t updated your Windows in a while, it may lead to compatibility issues with the game, resulting in the “out of memory” error. To fix this, check for any available Windows updates and install them.
Encountering the “out of memory” error in Diablo 4 can be frustrating, but there are several solutions you can try to get back to slaying demons in no time. Remember to close any unnecessary programs, adjust your graphics settings, increase virtual memory, add more RAM, or reinstall the game.
Also, don’t forget to update your graphics card driver and check for Windows updates. With these tips and tricks, you should be able to fix the “out of memory” error and get back to enjoying the game to its fullest. So, gear up and get ready to take on the hordes of hell once again!