The PlayStation 4 (PS4) has provided countless hours of entertainment to gamers worldwide. However, encountering error codes can be frustrating and disrupt the gaming experience. One such error is PS4 Error NP-34958-9, which has been bothering players recently. In this guide, we will explore different methods on How to Fix PS4 Error NP-34958-9 and help you get back to enjoying your games without any interruptions.
- How To Improve Internet Speed in PlayStation 5 – The Panther Tech
- Diablo 4 Kicked From the Clan I Made – Clan Bug! – The Panther Tech
- How To Fix Diablo 4 Out Of Memory Issue – The Panther Tech
- Diablo 4 No Sound and Audio Bug – Fixed! – The Panther Tech
How to Fix PS4 Error NP-34958-9
Change DNS Settings
One potential solution to resolve PS4 Error NP-34958-9 is by changing the DNS settings on your console. Follow these steps:
- On your PS4, go to Settings.
- Select Network, then Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose either Wi-Fi or LAN, depending on your connection.
- Select Custom as the IP address setting.
- Set DHCP Host Name to “Do Not Specify.”
- When prompted for DNS settings, choose Manual.
- Enter the Primary DNS as 220.127.116.11 and the Secondary DNS as 18.104.22.168.
- Complete the remaining steps and test if the error persists.
Deactivate All Consoles
If the previous method didn’t resolve the error, you can try deactivating all consoles linked to your PlayStation Network (PSN) account. Here’s how:
- Go to the PlayStation website and log in to your PSN account.
- Navigate to the Account section and select “Account Settings.”
- Choose “Media and Devices” and then “Deactivate All.”
Rebuilding the PS4 database can help fix various errors, including NP-34958-9. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS4 completely.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear a second beep, indicating that the console is in Safe Mode.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller using a USB cable.
- Select the “Rebuild Database” option. This process may take some time.
- Once the database is rebuilt, restart your PS4 and check if the error persists.
Update System Software
Keeping your PS4 system software up to date is essential for optimal performance. Make sure your console is running the latest firmware version by following these steps:
- Go to Settings on your PS4.
- Select “System Software Update” and check for any available updates.
- If updates are found, download and install them.
- Restart your PS4 and see if the error has been resolved.
Check PlayStation Network Status
Sometimes, PS4 errors can occur due to server issues. Visit the PlayStation Network status page to check if there are any ongoing server problems. If there are server issues, you may need to wait until they are resolved before the error is fixed.
Seek Official Support
If none of the above methods work, it is advisable to reach out to official PlayStation support for further assistance. They have dedicated support channels to help users resolve specific error codes and provide personalized guidance.
Encountering PS4 Error NP-34958-9 can be frustrating, but with the methods outlined in this guide, you can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Remember to try changing DNS settings, deactivating all consoles, rebuilding the database, updating the system software, and checking the PlayStation Network status. If all else fails, seek official support to get personalized assistance. Get ready to immerse yourself in uninterrupted gaming sessions on your PS4 once the error is resolved!