Hogwarts Legacy is an exciting new game that lets you live out your dreams of attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But if you’re playing it on your PC or PS5, you may have run into some problems like Ray Tracing Issues in Hogwarts Legacy. Fortunately, there are several ways to fix these problems and get back to enjoying your magical adventures.
- How to Solve North Ford Bog Stone Arrow Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy
- How to Solve Library Annex Central Hall Rune Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy
- How to Solve Marunweem Lake Treasure Vault Chess Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy
- How to Solve the Skeleton Bones Puzzle in the Treasure Vault in Hogwarts Legacy
- How to Solve Hogwarts Legacy Sundial Puzzle
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
One of the first things you should do if you’re experiencing problems with Hogwarts Legacy is to verify the integrity of the game files. This can be done through Steam, which will check and repair any damaged or missing files in the game. This will help ensure that the game runs optimally and can improve its performance.
How to Fix Ray Tracing Issues in Hogwarts Legacy PC
To improve ray tracing on your PC, you’ll need to manually change the settings in the dedicated system file. Here’s what you need to do:
- Navigate to “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor” folder on your PC.
- Right-click on the “engine.ini” file.
- Select “Open in Notepad” option.
- Copy and paste the following lines into the body of the text:
- [SystemSettings] r.RayTracing.Reflections.ScreenPercentage=100 r.RayTracing.Reflections.SamplesPerPixel=1 r.RayTracing.Reflections.MaxRoughness=0.7 r.RayTracing.AmbientOcclusion.Intensity=1
- Save and exit the file and restart the game. You may need to adjust the numbers to balance performance and quality.
How to Fix Ray Tracing Issues in Hogwarts Legacy PS5
For PS5 players, enabling ray tracing effects can be tricky. Here’s how to fix it:
- Go to PS5 home screen.
- Select “Settings” menu (gear icon in the top right).
- Go to “Saved Data and Game/App Settings” menu.
- Select “Game Presets” tab.
- Go to “Performance Mode or Resolution Mode”.
- Select “Game Default” option.
- Restart Hogwarts Legacy and activate ray tracing effects in the “Display Options” menu.
That’s all folks! With these simple solutions, you’ll be able to enjoy Hogwarts Legacy in all its ray-traced glory. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks. And if you’re experiencing the blue characters bug, we’ve got a fix for that too.
Hogwarts Legacy is an exciting new game that allows players to experience the magical world of Harry Potter in a whole new way. However, some players may have encountered issues with ray tracing while playing on their PC or PS5.
The good news is that there are simple solutions to fix these problems, such as verifying the integrity of game files and manually changing system settings on your PC or adjusting game presets on your PS5.
By following these steps, you can enjoy Hogwarts Legacy with stunning graphics and immerse yourself in the wizarding world like never before. So don’t let technical difficulties dampen your Hogwarts adventure – try out these fixes today and get back to your magical journey!
Masab Farooque is a Tech Geek, Writer, and Founder at The Panther Tech. He is also a lead game developer at 10StaticStudios.
When he is not writing, he is mostly playing video games