We might all agree on the fact that Sons of the Forest is an incredible game, but there is sometimes an issue that causes the Sons of the Forest to get stuck at the Loading Screen. Don’t worry, here’s How to Fix Sons of Forest not loading.
In this incredible game, you are on a journey to find a quite wealthy person who recently was missing on an island. But, as everything is not perfect, you are stuck on the Island with cannibals on your back.
Here on the Island, you utilize your Crafting Skills, Fight for life, Learn from the Environment, do things alone or with friends, and enjoy the Survival-Horror Simulator.
The decisions are yours and that reflects the path onward in the game as well. There are various weapons that you have to utilize in combat like Stun Baton, Pistols, Axes, and various other things. Your duty, however, is also to protect your friends.
But, a specific issue with the game is that when you turn on the game to spend some top-notch time, the game gets stuck on the loading screen. And, it could happen again and again in a loop. Here’s a way to fix it.
- How to Fix Sons of the Forest Crashing and Freezing – The Panther Tech
- How to Find Shovel in Sons of the Forest – The Panther Tech
- How to Make Fire in Sons of the Forest – The Panther Tech
Fixing Sons of the Forest not loading and Stuck at Loading Screen
Below, we will be mentioning some of the most useful Fixes for this issue in Sons of the Forest. You should check them out one by one and see which one is working for your system.
Updating Graphics Card Drivers
- If you are an Nvidia user, you should go to Nvidia Experience, download it, sign up or log in, and simply use it to get the latest drivers.
- In case you are an AMD user, you should go to the AMD support, download the app, open it, and utilize the information given to get the latest drivers.
Run as an Administrator
- Go to the Steam Library and from there open Properties of Sons of the Forest by right-clicking on it. Then go to the Local Files, Browse, and right-click the Properties. Finally, click on Compatibility and click on Run this Program as an Administrator. It should be Enabled and then press OK before you launch the game.
Disabling the Overlays
- For Steam: go to the library, open properties of Sons of the Forest, and Disable the Steam Overlay while in the Game option.
- Nvidia Geforce Experience: open the App, go to the settings, then go to general and finally disable the In-Game Overlay.
Clearing the Cache
- In case Sons of the Forest is stuck on the Loading Screen, you should also clear the Cache from Steam by going to the Steam App, then to Settings and Download. There you will find the Clear Download Cache option.
Getting Rid of Unnecessary Stuff
- Sometimes the Thrustmaster Racing Wheel or Logitech one might cause the Crashing or Freezing in Sons of the Forest. To Fix that, simply unplug those along with the unnecessary things.
- End MSI Dragon Center, as well as Razer Synapse.
Closing Tabs and Verifying Game Files
- Close all the Tabs in the game and restart your PC. Then relaunch the game after that.
- Verify the Game Files
- Again, open your Steam Library, go to the Properties of Sons of the Forest, and from there to the Local Files. Find the option for Verify Integrity of Game Files and launch Sons of the Forest. It should Fix the Loading Problem in Sons of the Forest.
- Open the Windows Search and type “Check for Updates”. Press Enter and Windows will take you to the Update section of Windows. Just click on Update and if there are some Windows Updates available, it will be done. Restart the Windows if it asks you to do that. Launch Sons of the Forest after that.
Waiting for the Game to Respond
- In case you are a beginner who just got started with Sons of the Forest, the game does take a little longer than expected. Waiting time is around 5 minutes to even 10 minutes. On non-SSD Hard Disks, the time is quite slow. You can transfer the game on SSD in order to Load it faster.
So, that’s How to Fix Sons of Forest not loading and stuck at the loading screen. There are various reasons for the game getting stuck or the loading screen not responding. That’s why we recommend you go through the Fix one by one and then play the game to check whether it worked for you or not.
How to fix Sons of the Forest Freezing?
In order to fix the game freezing, you simply have to right-click on the game and then go to the properties. Go to the Tabs option and then compatibility should be turned to “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”
How to restart the PC when Sons of the Forest is stuck?
In order to Restart the game, you simply have to press Alt+F4 or you can also hold the Power Button to turn off the PC. It is called Force Shut Down.
Why PC keeps crashing when playing Sons of the Forest?
The most basic problem is your drivers. It could be outdated or something wrong with the drivers that cause the game to malfunction and keeps crashing. It could also be Windows Update messing this up.
Hello there! I am just a human being with good skills in Content Writing, Graphics, and Photography. Being an Electrical Engineer (Computer Engineering Specialization) I like to take deep dives into Tech related topics or troubleshoot them. But my hobby is writing about Games and then learning new stuff (for free obviously).