Are you struggling to play The Last of Us Part 1 on your Nvidia graphics card? Poor hardware utilization can lead to stuttering, crashes, and freezing. The game requires a minimum of 8 GB VRAM. While playing, 8GB seems to be not enough so the game stutters while playing and even crashes sometimes. In this blog post, we will guide you how to fix The Last Of Us Part 1 Performance on Nvidia Graphics Cards.
- How to Fix Controller Input Lag in The Last of Us Part 1 PC – The Panther Tech
- How to Fix The Last of Us Part 1 PC Building Shaders Taking Too Long [Working 100%] – The Panther Tech
- Can You Play The Last Of Us Part 1 PC on HDD Instead of SSD? – The Panther Tech
- Can you play The Last Of Us Part 1 with 8GB Ram? – The Panther Tech
Maximise your CPU and GPU memory
First things first, check your CPU and GPU memory. Make sure they’re configured to the maximum memory limit that your graphics card supports. This will prevent The Last of Us Part 1 from stuttering or freezing.
Disable unnecessary third-party software
Disable any third-party software that you don’t need, such as antivirus programs, screen recorders, and streaming utilities. These can take up valuable resources and slow down your game.
Tweak Texture settings
Texture settings affect loading time, so adjust them to improve performance. If you have a low-end card with 6-8 GB VRAM. Try lowering the texture quality.
How To Fix The Last Of Us Part 1 Performance Issues
- Download NvidiaProfileInspector from GitHub.
- Open the software and search for The Last of Us Part I profile.
- Go to the Other section and find Memory Allocation Policy.
- Change it from MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AS_NEEDED to MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION.
- Apply the setting and open the game.
Please note that this fix is for Nvidia GPUs only and requires the latest driver. It may not make a huge difference, but it’s worth a try.
Use Nvidia Control Panel
Use Nvidia Control Panel to change your system’s power settings. Prioritise performance over power savings, which can help improve FPS and reduce stuttering in The Last of Us Part 1.
Playing The Last of Us Part 1 on your Nvidia graphics card doesn’t have to be a frustrating experience. By maximizing your CPU and GPU memory, disabling unnecessary software, and using Nvidia Control Panel, you can improve your game’s performance. And if you’re having texture and loading issues, try using NvidiaProfileInspector. Give these tips a try and let us know how they work for you!
Masab Farooque is a Tech Geek, Writer, and Founder at The Panther Tech. He is also a lead game developer at 10StaticStudios.
When he is not writing, he is mostly playing video games