If you’ve experienced the frustration of your PS5 constantly switching audio output to your TV speakers while using a headset, you’re not alone. This issue can disrupt your gaming experience and audio settings. Fortunately, we have a solution for you. In this guide, we’ll show you how to stop your PS5 from automatically switching audio output when you’re using a headset.
How to Prevent Headset Audio Output Switching on Your PS5
- To begin, turn on your PS5 and ensure it’s connected to your TV.
- From the PS5 home screen, navigate to the Settings menu, typically located in the top right corner.
- Within the Settings menu, select the “Sound” option. This will take you to a submenu where you can adjust various audio settings.
- In the Sound submenu, find and select “Audio Output.” This is where you can manage your audio output preferences.
- Once you’re in the Audio Output settings, look for the option that says “Enable 3D Audio for Headphones.”
- This feature, when enabled, may cause your audio output to switch automatically. Toggle this option off to prevent it from happening.
- After disabling the “Enable 3D Audio for Headphones” option, be sure to save your changes. Your PS5 will no longer switch audio output when you’re using your headset.
By following these simple steps, you can put an end to the frustrating issue of your PS5 switching audio output to TV speakers while using a headset. This will ensure a seamless and uninterrupted gaming experience, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in your games without audio disruptions.