Everyone out there is recently talking about the new Apple Family sharing feature. They say it saves your money and is designed to make it easy for a family to share purchases, content, and storage across iOS devices as well as Apple ID accounts. Now the question is How do these Apple sharing features work?
It works for all Macs and iOS devices along it allow almost six members to share the data. This data may include iTunes, Apple Books, App store purchases and Apple Music Family plan and Apple News+ Subscriptions, and iCloud storage plan also. It does not end here, you can also share photo albums and family calendars, and locations without allowing the accounts sharing.
How can anyone set up the Apple family sharing feature?
All in all the Apple family sharing is simple to set up and the one who sets up all are called and labeled as the “organizer”. He or she will be allowed to choose the features that your family will share. Along allowing the invite up to a total of five members to join in their family sharing group. In other words, he/she will be in charge of the family sharing group. Once this all is done, your members of the group will automatically see the family sharing set up on their devices. Let’s take a look at how family sharing setup can be done on iPhone or iPad.
How to setup on an iPhone or iPad/iPad touch?
- Open the settings and tap on the name.
- Click on the “set up family sharing”.
- Tap “get started” and choose the features you want to share and click the “Continue” button.
- Now you have to choose the shared payment method and click the “ Continue” button.
- Tap to invite members of the family and choose the family member’s name and contact and click “done”.
Note: Remember! This card will be later used by the family members to pay for any Apple Books, App store purchases or iTunes.
How to setup on Mac?
- First choose the Apple Menu and that is located at the top left of your screen.
- Look for the open system preferences and click on iCloud . It will show the “set up family” option.
- Now enter family members name and email and continue.
- You have to enter a security card to confirm that you are the “organizer”.
- Choose to send the link or ask a member to enter the Password for the Apple ID.
Giving all the needed details for the setup of family sharing on iPhone and Mac, you must also know the basic requirements for the family sharing.
What are the requirements for Apple family sharing?
- All the members of the family must be users of iOS 8 or any version later. Or OS X Yosemite.
- One member, one family sharing group. Means a member of one family sharing group cannot be a part of another family group. If you want to switch even , you are allowed to do that after a year.
- Lastly, there is also an option of setting up an ID for a child who is under 13 years of age. You have to read the support page for the further info for that.
It saves your money
The family sharing setup includes all the subscriptions, all the apple music and apple TV along Apple arcade. It is an awesome feature as it can help the family of children. Parents can easily use the screen time and set a system that asks permissions. This will in return ask to buy to approve any download from their own device. It will not drain your bank accounts anymore and you need to worry more about it. One of the other outstanding things is “Apple Cas” as for your kid or for family sharing use that is to locate one another’s missing devices. On an ending note, Apple is benefiting with all the best possible solutions for its users and it makes its users trust it and makes Apple high rated technology investors.
Masab Farooque is a Tech Geek, Writer, and Founder at The Panther Tech. He is also a lead game developer at 10StaticStudios.
When he is not writing, he is mostly playing video games