There has been an issue with the game where Progression and Character Lost in Remnant 2. After that, you only have one choice to get the backup files, otherwise, there is no coming back. Or is there a way to get back your character? Here we have a guide on this Progression Lost Bug in Remnant 2, where your character either gets deleted or replaced.
More Remnant 2 Content Below;
- How To Fix Remnant 2 Final Boss Bug – Not Spawning or Glitched – The Panther Tech
- How to Get the Pulse Rifle in Remnant 2: Guide to Unlocking Engineer’s Exclusive Weapon – The Panther Tech
- How to use Emotes in Remnant 2 – The Panther Tech
- Remnant 2 Reward Items for Completing Nightweaver’s Web in One Run – The Panther Tech
- Remnant 2 All Hardcore Apocalypse Rewards – Items after completing Hardcore Apocalypse! – The Panther Tech
Why is my Progression Lost and How to get it back?
Basically, it is a bug that is found on the Consoles most of the time. All the saved files are on the console and once you exit the game, they could activate saving your game on the spot.
Once your character gets deleted or replaced in Remnant 2, you will have to just hold the game there at the spot, pause it, and don’t exit. A simple solution at this point is to disconnect the Ethernet or Wifi. Go to the settings and disable the WiFi Connection.
Now, you have to disable Auto Upload. Come back and Download the Save File from the cloud locally and reconnect to the internet before doing it.
How to Fix Progression and Character Lost in Remnant 2
Get Previous Save Backup of Remnant 2 on PC Windows
The issue here is not that big of a deal for PC Windows Players of Remnant 2. You can just do the following to get the previous save backup.
- Locate the Save Folder from %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Remnant2\Steam
- Find Subfolder named “Steam ID”
- Only one Subfolder is inside Steam ID
- Copy that Folder
- There are 3 backups profile.sav, and save_0.sav
- The backups end in .bak1, .bak2, .bak3. .bak1 is the most recent
- Delete your .sav Files and rename the folder file (.back1) to have .sav extension
- Now you have the previous uncorrupted save files restored
Get Previous Save Backup of Remnant 2 on Console (Xbox/PS)
Now, once you are a victim of this issue and your character gets deleted or replaced randomly, as well as you exited the game, then you can try the following.
Check the Support Team for your Platform and talk to them about the issue. Make them check the Backup Files of the State and then upload them to the platform. In case they don’t have a backup, then you are just doomed.
There is no coming back from that, but you can do the precautions we mentioned above to protect yourself from future events like these.
Precautions for Remnant 2 Progression Lost
One more thing that you can do is Disable the Auto-Sync on your Console and Upload your Save. Try to Upload once a day or after a few hours. In case the Character Missing Bug occurs again, you have a backup that you can simply upload.
There will be no danger of new bad saves overwriting your old saves. The process becomes much easy this way.
How to Manually Upload Remnant 2 Save Files on PS5?
If you are new to this, then you can try out the following steps to Manually Upload Remnant 2 Save Files on your PS5. This will enable you to upload the saved files yourself so that there is no chance of automatically saving the corrupted save files on the cloud server.
- Start your PS5
- Go to Settings
- Proceed to Saved Game and Data
- Do the Manual Upload of Remnant 2 Save File
- A warning will appear, turning the Auto Upload off for Remnant 2 Save Files
- Agree, and you are Good to Go!
Hope this helps you with Progression and Character Lost in Remnant 2.