Baldur’s Gate 3, a captivating and enchanting adventure where your choices shape an enthralling narrative. As an adventurer in this rich and immersive role-playing game, you’ll encounter epic battles, complex characters, and challenging quests. However, amidst the excitement, some players have encountered a vexing issue that hinders their progress – the “Can’t Save Right Now: Game is Currently Syncing” bug. This bug prevents players from saving or loading their game properly, causing frustration and worry. But fret not, for we have your back! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore How To Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Can’t Save Game Is Currently Syncing, allowing you to resume your heroic journey without interruption.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing – The Panther Tech
- Not Getting Digital Deluxe From Buying Early Access EA Baldur’s Gate 3 – Answered! – The Panther Tech
- How To Play Baldur’s Gate 3 on PC using Controller – The Panther Tech
How To Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Can’t Save Game Is Currently Syncing
The “Can’t Save Right Now: Game is Currently Syncing” bug has surfaced in Baldur’s Gate 3, impacting players’ ability to save their progress or load previous saves. The error message can appear when players try to save or load their game, leading to confusion and anxiety. This issue has been reported by multiple players on various platforms like Reddit and Steam, indicating that it’s a widespread concern.
If the issue arises after a bugged cutscene or dialog, try loading a savegame from before the latest cutscene/dialog.
Ensure that the game is correctly saving in your designated folder. Baldur’s Gate 3 saves can be stored on both cloud and hard drive. The save storage location on your PC is typically “Users / (Your Username) / AppData / Local / Larian Studios / Baldur’s Gate 3 / PlayerProfiles”.
If these don’t work follow the steps mentioned below:
Disable Larian Cross Save
The first step in resolving the issue is to disable the Larian Cross Save feature in the game’s options menu. Follow these simple steps:
- Quit the game if it’s running.
- Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam Library and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “General” tab and navigate to “Steam Cloud.”
- Uncheck the option for “Cross-Save” to disable it.
- Restart the game to apply the changes.
Ensure You’re Signed in with Larian Account
To further address the issue, ensure that you’ve signed in using the launcher that pops up when you start the game on Steam. This might require you to create or sign in with a Larian Account.
Turn Off Steam Cloud for Baldur’s Gate 3
Another potential fix involves disabling Steam Cloud for Baldur’s Gate 3. Here’s how you can do it:
- Follow the same steps mentioned in Solution 1 to access the “Properties” of Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam Library.
- Scroll down to “Steam Cloud” and disable it by unchecking the option.
- This prevents Steam from syncing the game saves, allowing you to resolve the bug.
Verify Game Files
Although it may not be the primary solution, verifying the game files through Steam could also help in some cases. Here’s how you can do it:
- Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam Library.
- Go to “Properties” and select the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files” to let Steam check for any corrupted or missing files.
As you embark on your epic adventure in Baldur’s Gate 3, encountering a bug that prevents you from saving or loading your progress can be disheartening. However, with the solutions provided in this guide, you can overcome the “Can’t Save Right Now: Game is Currently Syncing” bug and continue your journey without hindrance. Remember to disable Larian Cross-Save, turn off Steam Cloud, and ensure you’re signed in with a Larian Account to enjoy seamless gameplay. The world of Baldur’s Gate 3 awaits your exploration and decision-making prowess; let nothing stand in your way! Happy adventuring!