If you’ve ever dreamt of building your own bustling metropolis, then Cities Skylines 2 is the game for you. This city-building sequel takes the charm of its predecessor, Cities Skylines 1, to a whole new level.
If you’ve run into the vexing yellow screen bug while using the road tool in Cities: Skylines 2, fret not. We’ve got a workaround to get you back on track. Here’s how to tackle this issue:
How To Fix Cities Skylines 2 Road Tool Yellow Screen Bug
Enable Developer Mode
First things first, let’s get into developer mode to access the fix:
- Right-click on Cities: Skylines 2 in your Steam Library.
- Select “Properties.”
- In the “General” tab, you’ll see a field called “Steam Launch Options.” Enter this command: -developerMode
- Close the properties window to save the changes.
Access Developer Menu
Now, let’s open up the developer menu and apply the workaround:
- Launch Cities: Skylines 2.
- In the game, press the “Tab” key to bring up the developer menu.
- In the developer menu, select “Game Rendering.”
- Within “Game Rendering,” click on “Custom Passes.”
Uncheck “Tunnel Pass”
This is where the magic happens. To resolve the yellow screen bug, you need to uncheck the “Tunnel Pass” option from the list.
That’s it! You’ve successfully applied the workaround to fix the road tool yellow screen bug in Cities: Skylines 2.
A quick note: Please remember that this is a workaround, not a permanent fix. You’ll need to uncheck the “Tunnel Pass” each time you start the game to ensure the bug doesn’t reappear.
With these steps, you’ll be back to building your city, designing intricate road systems, and managing your urban masterpiece without the pesky yellow screen bug hindering your progress. Happy city planning!