Struggling to hunt down the Notorious Mark Hunt Grimalkin? This guide on how to Find Final Fantasy 16 Grimalkin Hunt Location is here to help.
- Final Fantasy 16 (FF16) Griffin Location – Use Hunt Board to Locate Griffin – The Panther Tech
- Find Final Fantasy 16 (FF16) Ruin Reawakened – Svarog Hunt Location – The Panther Tech
- Final Fantasy 16 A Place for Everyone Guide – The Panther Tech
- Final Fantasy 16 (FF16) Sekhret Location – Where to find Sekhret? – The Panther Tech
Final Fantasy 16 Grimalkin Location
You can find Grimalkin in the Dhalmekian Republic in the Cattery. This is a panther-like enemy that feasts on human flesh. Keep reading for this monster’s exact location and how to get there.
How to Find Grimalkin in Final Fantasy 16?
Visit Hunt Board
Nektar the Moogle’s Hunt Board features flyers about monster sightings. These can help you figure out monster locations, helping you track the beasts once and for all.
To view the Hunt Board, you must travel to the Hideaway. Then approach the board and ask Nektar about any relevant sightings. He redirects you to a flyer describing a monster in the dead-end canyon just off the Sickle. This is the road leading from Dalimil to the Jaw. It’s frequented by travelers and merchants who tend to go missing and serve as the Grimalkin’s food.
Travel to Jaw Obelisk
Fast travel from the Hideaway to the Jaw Obelisk. This is the Obelisk closest to the Grimalkin’s location. Once there, call up a Mount and follow the path in front of you until you reach the canyon. As soon as you enter the Rocky Canyon area, turn right. Follow the path for a short while before veering off. Reference the map for a better idea of where to go.
Keep following the path on the map, and you’ll end up in a clearing. This is where you’ll find the Grimalkin. There is a short cutscene that reveals that the Grimalkin is a C-rank monster. You must fight and beat it to move on to the next step.
Battle Tips to Defeat Grimalkin
- Hunt the Grimalkin after starting the Out of the Shadow main quest.
- Before defeating the Grimalkin, you come face to face with a horde of wolf-like Wild Nakks. Take them out using abilities like Scarlet Cyclone that deal tons of AOE damage.
- The Grimalkin is an agile opponent that attacks without breaks. Parry or precision dodge its attacks to create openings. Once you get an opening, deal as much damage as possible.
- When under half HP, the Grimalkin uses its Savage combo. Be wary of this, as it can do serious damage if it connects.
- For defeating Grimalkin, you get 500 EXP, 45 Ability Points, and one Grimalkin Hide. You also get 6100 Gil and ten Renown points for completing the hunt.
You can find the Grimalkin in the Cattery. The monster’s exact location is a dead-end canyon off the road leading from Dalimil to the Jaw. We hope this guide on how to Find Final Fantasy 16 Grimalkin Hunt Location helps. As always, happy gaming!