Diablo 4 is an exciting game, but screen flickering issues can really disrupt your gaming experience. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to fix screen flickering in Diablo 4, ensuring that you can immerse yourself in the game without any distractions.
Recently, Diablo 4 Season 2 was released, and after updating players have been facing a lot of issues including Screen flickering.
Update Your Graphics Drivers
The first step in addressing screen flickering is to ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues. Follow these steps to update your graphics drivers:
- Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer.
- Download and install the latest driver for your specific graphics card model.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Adjust Your In-Game Settings
Diablo 4 may not be running optimally on your system, leading to screen flickering. Adjusting in-game settings can help resolve this issue:
- Launch Diablo 4.
- Navigate to the game settings.
- Lower graphics settings, such as texture quality, shadow quality, and resolution, to reduce the strain on your system.
- Try running the game in windowed or fullscreen mode to see if it makes a difference.
V-Sync is a feature that can sometimes lead to screen flickering. Try turning it off in the game settings:
- Open Diablo 4.
- Access the video settings.
- Find the V-Sync option and set it to “Off.”
Update Windows or Your Operating System
Sometimes, outdated operating systems can contribute to screen flickering. Ensure your OS is up to date:
- If you’re on Windows, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Download and install any available updates.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
Monitor Your GPU Temperature
Overheating can cause screen flickering. Monitor your GPU temperature with third-party software and take action if it’s too high:
- Download GPU temperature monitoring software like MSI Afterburner.
- Monitor the GPU temperature while playing Diablo 4.
- If it’s too high, consider cleaning your PC, improving airflow, or even applying new thermal paste to your GPU.
Sometimes, external factors can cause screen flickering. Check your monitor’s cable connections and the monitor itself. Ensure that all connections are secure and that the monitor is functioning correctly.
Screen flickering in Diablo 4 can be frustrating, but by following these steps, you can address the issue and enjoy a smooth gaming experience. Remember to keep your drivers updated, adjust in-game settings, and monitor your system’s temperature. With these fixes, you’ll be well on your way to a flicker-free Diablo 4 experience.