Marvel Spider-Man 2 was just released on Playstation 5. The game is really amazing and a lot of PlayStation 5 owners have already bought the game and ended it.
Are you a proud owner of a PlayStation 5 and excited to dive into the world of Spider-Man 2? You might have encountered the frustrating CE-108255-1 error that’s been causing distress for many gamers. Worry not, as we’ve got you covered with a step-by-step guide on how to fix this error and get back to swinging through the streets of New York as your favorite web-slinger.
What is PS5 CE-108255-1 Error?
Before we jump into the solutions, let’s briefly understand what this error signifies. The CE-108255-1 error code is a common issue faced by PS5 users, often linked to specific games or applications, in this case, Spider-Man 2. This error usually occurs after the game crashes. It can disrupt your gaming experience, but fear not, as there are several ways to resolve it.
How To Fix PS5 Marvel Spider-Man 2 Error CE-108255-1
Restart Your PS5
The first and easiest step to try is restarting your PlayStation 5. To do this, follow these simple instructions:
- Press and hold the power button on your PS5 console for a few seconds until it turns off completely.
- After the console has powered down, wait for a few moments, then turn it back on.
- Attempt to play again to see if the error is resolved.
Disable HDCP on the Console
One of the easiest methods to address the CE-108255-1 error is to disable HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) on your PlayStation 5. Here’s how you can do it:
- From your PS5 home screen, go to “Settings.”
- Navigate to “System” and then “HDMI.”
- Disable HDCP by unchecking the box.
This should resolve the issue for many users, as HDCP can sometimes interfere with the game’s performance.
Rebuild the PS5 Database
Rebuilding the database can help resolve various errors, including CE-108255-1, even Playstation official blog emphasized on this solution.
- Turn off your PS5.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps.
- Connect your controller using a USB cable.
- Select “Rebuild Database.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Change the Language on Your Console
Sometimes, minor adjustments can work wonders. Here’s how you can change the language settings on your console:
- Head to “Settings” from the PS5 home screen.
- Select “Language.”
- Choose a different language and confirm your choice.
Changing the language may help resolve the error, as it can reset some settings that might be causing the problem.
Reinstall Spider-Man 2
If the issue persists, consider reinstalling the problematic game, which in this case is Spider-Man 2. Follow these steps:
- On your PS5 home screen, go to “Settings” by selecting the gear icon.
- Navigate to “Storage.”
- Choose “Games and Apps.”
- Find Spider-Man 2 and select it.
- Opt for “Delete.”
- Reinstall the game from your library.
This method often works well for game-specific errors and can resolve the CE-108255-1 issue.
If none of the methods mentioned above work, it might be time to seek professional assistance. Reach out to Sony’s official support for more personalized help and guidance in resolving the CE-108255-1 error.
In conclusion, the CE-108255-1 error can be a temporary hindrance to your gaming adventures, but it’s not insurmountable. By following these steps and seeking help from the gaming community or Sony’s support, you can get back to swinging through the streets of New York as Spider-Man in no time. Enjoy your gaming experience, and may your web-slinging be error-free!