If you’ve encountered the error code “0X00001338 (12005)” while trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, you’re not alone. This error can be frustrating, but there are some steps you can take to resolve it and get back to your gaming experience. Here’s how to fix Modern Warfare 3 error 0X00001338 (12005):
Check Your Internet Connection
Internet connectivity issues are a common cause of errors in online games. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and that you’re not experiencing any disruptions. Try resetting your modem or router if needed.
Verify Game Files
- Open your game platform (e.g., Steam, Battle.net).
- Find Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III in your library.
- Right-click on the game and select “Properties.”
- Look for an option to verify the integrity of game files or repair the game. This will check for and fix any corrupted files.
Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause errors. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (Nvidia, AMD, etc.) and download the latest drivers for your GPU.
Disable Background Applications
Running too many background applications can put a strain on your system, leading to errors. Close any unnecessary apps while playing Modern Warfare III, especially those using hardware resources.
Modify the Windows Registry
Note: Modifying the Windows Registry should be done with caution, as it can affect your system. Follow these steps carefully:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor. You can do this by typing “regedit” in the Windows search bar and clicking on “Registry Editor.”
- Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mp23-cod.exe\PerfOptions
- In the “PerfOptions” folder, look for a value called “CpuPriorityClass.”
- Modify the value of “CpuPriorityClass” to “00000003.”
- Close the Registry Editor.
Warning: Be extremely cautious when editing the Windows Registry, as making incorrect changes can impact your system’s stability. Proceed with this step only if you are comfortable with the process.
Check for Game Updates
Game developers often release updates to fix bugs and errors. Make sure your game is up to date by checking for the latest patches or updates for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III.
If the error persists despite trying these steps, it’s a good idea to reach out to the game’s official support channels. They may have specific solutions for this error or can provide guidance on resolving the issue.
The “0X00001338 (12005)” error in Modern Warfare 3 can be resolved by checking your internet connection, verifying game files, updating graphics drivers, disabling background applications, checking for game updates, and reaching out to support if necessary. With these steps, you should be able to get back to your gaming sessions without interruption. Happy gaming!