Alan Wake 2, with its stunning graphics and engaging storyline, has become a fan favorite since its release in October 2023. This game offers a visual treat, especially for those with ultrawide screens, boasting a 21:9 aspect ratio. However, some players have reported issues with ultrawide cutscenes. If you’re facing this problem, don’t worry; we’ve got a simple solution to make your ultrawide experience even better.
How To Fix Alan Wake 2 UltraWide Cutscenes Issue
Note that this solution was provided by a user “OnkelJupp” on Reddit.
- The configuration file you need to edit is found in your local user directory. To get there, press
Win + Ron your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type:
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Remedy\AlanWake2and hit Enter.
- In the directory that opens, look for a file called “renderer.ini.”
- Right-click on “renderer.ini” and open it with a text editor of your choice.
- Now, you need to find the line that reads:
- Change the value from “false” to “true” so it looks like this:
- Save the file and close the text editor.
Now, you’re all set! Launch Alan Wake 2 on your PC via the Epic Games Store, and you should find that the cutscenes adapt seamlessly to your ultrawide screen. No more black bars or awkward stretching – just a fantastic gaming experience.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy the incredible visuals and immersive storytelling of Alan Wake 2 in all its ultrawide glory. Happy gaming!