The best part about Remnant 2 is its multiplayer coop that lets you enjoy some quality time with your friends. If you can’t find match in Remnant 2 and players are joining, you can follow our guide to get through it some way. Let’s get started!
More Remnant 2 Content Below;
- How to Backup and Upload Previous Save Files Backup in Remnant 2 (PC Windows and Console) – The Panther Tech
- Progression and Character Lost in Remnant 2 – The Panther Tech
- Character Missing in Remnant 2 – Random Character Deleted/Replaced! – The Panther Tech
Why Players are not Joining in Remnant 2?
The reason is probably your system update, files, or the internet. Some of the time, the network issue can be put up in a separate pool where you can’t find anyone to play with.
Other times, it is just your Antivirus or Firewall blocking the files or passage to work correctly. Then again, it could be the update you are playing on. Either you got an update too early that players are not matching up to it, or you are on an older version of the game.
How to Fix Can’t Find Match in Remnant 2
PC Windows Fix for Players Not Joining Match Remnant 2
Log out and Log In
Sometimes, a simple log-out and login can resolve connection errors, enabling you to find the match next. Many players have found this to be an effective solution. Give it a try before proceeding to other solutions.
Check Internet Speed
Ensure that your internet connection is stable and provides sufficient bandwidth. Remnant 2 requires a good internet speed for smooth gameplay. You can test your internet speed using online tools or contact your internet service provider if you suspect any issues.
- Restart your Router to clear the Internet Cache
- Use an Ethernet Cable for Connection
- Disable other connections being used for a while
Restart Computer and Router
Restarting your computer and router can help refresh the network connection and resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your computer and router, wait for a few minutes, and then power them back on. Launch Remnant 2 again and check if the connection error persists.
Update Game, Windows, and Drivers
Next up, you can try checking for the game updates on either Steam or Epic Games Launcher. Make sure your Windows is also up to date.
- Use Nvidia Experience to get the latest drivers installed for your Nvidia Graphics Card (GPU)
- Use AMD Adrenaline to get the latest drivers installed for your AMD Graphics Card (GPU)
Flush DNS and Release IP
Flushing the DNS cache and releasing the IP address can clear any network-related issues that might be causing you to not find players in Remnant 2. Follow the steps below to perform these actions:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- Close the Command Prompt and relaunch Remnant 2 to check if the connection error is resolved.
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6
If you’re encountering the specific error message “@mm_connerr_rep_timeout,” disabling IPv6 might help fix Can’t Find Match in Remnant 2. Follow the steps below to disable IPv6 on your network connection:
- Press the Start button and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Network and Internet” and click on the “Status” tab.
- Go to “Change your network settings” and select “Change adapter options.”
- Right-click on your network connection and choose “Properties” from the list.
- Uncheck the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” box.
- Restart your PC and launch Remnant 2 again to see if the connection error is resolved.
Verify Game Integrity
Corrupted game files can also lead to connection errors. Verifying the integrity of the game files can identify and repair any corrupted files. Follow these steps to verify the game integrity in Remnant 2:
- Launch the Steam client and go to your library.
- Right-click on “Remnant 2” and select “Properties.”
- In the Properties window, navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
- Wait for the process to complete, and Steam will automatically repair any corrupted files.
- Relaunch Remnant 2 and check if the connection error is resolved.
You can do the same with Epic Games as well. Hope this Fixes the issue of Can’t Find Match in Remnant 2, where other Players Not Joining the match.
Console Xbox and PS Fix for Players Not Joining Match Remnant 2
Check Router Settings
- Access your router’s settings by typing its IP address into your web browser and entering your login credentials.
- Locate the IPv6 settings in your router’s configuration. Ensure that your router is not set to use IPv6-only mode.
- If your router is set to IPv6-only mode, change the settings to use both IPv4 and IPv6 (dual stack) or only IPv4.
- Save the changes and restart your router.
Reboot Your PS or Xbox and Network Equipment
- Fully restart your PS or Xbox console by pressing and holding the power button until the power menu appears. Select and wait for the console to reboot.
- Simultaneously, restart your modem and router by unplugging their power cables, waiting for a few seconds, and plugging them back in.
- Allow your network equipment to restart completely before proceeding.
Disable IPv6 on Local Network (Optional)
- If you encounter persistent issues with IPv6 connectivity, you can try disabling IPv6 on your local network.
- Access your router’s settings and navigate to the DHCP section. Look for an option to disable the IPv6 network address.
- Disable IPv6 network addressing and save the changes. Note that this step should only be attempted if you’re comfortable with network configuration and understand the potential implications.
Contact Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Network Administrator
- If the issue persists after following the previous steps, it’s advisable to contact your ISP or network administrator for assistance.
- Explain the problem and the steps you’ve already taken to resolve it. They may be able to provide additional guidance or perform troubleshooting on their end.
Use a Wired Connection (Alternative)
- As an alternative, you can try connecting your console to the internet using a wired connection. This involves connecting an Ethernet cable from your router to the console’s LAN port.
- To set up a wired connection, navigate to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Set Up Wired LAN on your PS5 console.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the wired connection setup process.
Hope this helps you fix Remnant 2 Players Not Found in Match on Console.