Before the 1.2 update, the game was working perfectly fine for the community. All of a sudden, the update goes live and players start reporting the issue of Honkai Star Rail FPS Drop after 1.2 Update. Let’s get to fixing it.
More Honkai Star Rail Content Below;
- How to do Coffin Dancer in Honkai Star Rail – The Panther Tech
- Honkai: Star Rail Stellar Flare Event Guide – The Panther Tech
- How to Fix Honkai Star Rail White Character Bug – White Texture, Background, and Environment! – The Panther Tech
- Can’t Login to Honkai Star Rail – Fixed! – The Panther Tech
How to Fix Honkai Star Rail FPS Drop after 1.2 Update
FPS Drop is a common problem that players have experienced in Honkai Star Rail after the release of its latest update. Not only is it causing disruptions in gameplay, but also affects the overall fluidity of the game. The causes of lag can vary, including GPU settings, server performance, outdated drivers, network issues, and more. By identifying the specific cause and applying the appropriate solutions, you can effectively reduce or eliminate lag in Honkai Star Rail.
Adjust GPU Settings
One potential cause of FPS Drop in Honkai Star Rail after the 1.2 Update is improper GPU settings. To optimize your graphics card performance, follow these steps:
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop or screen background.
- Choose your graphics card settings.
- Select “Program Settings.”
- Find and select the game from the list of programs.
- Under Power Management Mode, choose “Prefer maximum performance.” Alternatively, some players have found that using low settings with balanced DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) can improve performance.
Close Bandwidth-Hogging Programs
Running bandwidth-intensive programs or applications in the background while playing Honkai Star Rail can negatively impact network performance and contribute to FPS Drop/Lag. To reduce the strain on your network, close any unnecessary programs or applications before launching the game. Additionally, if you use communication software like Discord, disable overlays or close them while playing to minimize resource usage.
Update Drivers and Windows
Outdated drivers can often result in performance issues and FPS Drop. To ensure smooth gameplay in Honkai Star Rail, follow these steps to update your drivers:
- Update your graphics card driver: Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, etc.) and download the latest driver for your specific GPU model.
- Update your network adapter driver: Visit the website of your network adapter manufacturer (Realtek, Intel, etc.) and download the latest driver for your network adapter.
- Update Windows: Install all available Windows updates to benefit from bug fixes and performance improvements.
Optimize In-Game Settings
Adjusting in-game settings can help alleviate lag issues in the game. Consider the following optimizations:
- Screen Resolution: Lowering the screen resolution can reduce the strain on your GPU and potentially improve performance.
- Texture Resolution: Setting texture resolution to a lower value can reduce the amount of VRAM usage, enhancing overall performance.
- Shadow Resolution: Lower shadow resolution to alleviate the GPU’s workload and improve frame rates.
- Frame Rate: Limiting the frame rate can help stabilize performance and reduce fluctuations.
- Characters Displayed: Adjust the number of characters displayed on-screen to optimize performance based on your system capabilities.
Test Internet Connection and Server Lag
Sometimes, FPS Drop issues can stem from server-related problems or a weak internet connection. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and meets the necessary bandwidth requirements for online gaming. Restart your router and modem to refresh the connection and try to play during off-peak hours when network congestion is lower. You can also check for any pending Windows updates and install them to optimize network performance.
Install the Game on an SSD
Installing Honkai Star Rail on a Solid-State Drive (SSD) instead of a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) can significantly improve loading times and overall game performance. SSDs offer faster data transfer rates, reducing the lag caused by asset loading in the game.