Cyberpunk 2077, the highly anticipated open-world RPG, has garnered both praise and criticism since its release. One persistent issue that players encounter is high CPU usage, particularly in the “Phantom Liberty” update. In this guide, we will delve into How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty High CPU Usage to help you enjoy a smoother gaming experience.
- How to Flip the Right Switch in Payday 3 Gold and Sharke Mission – The Panther Tech
- How to Turn Off Vault Lasers in Payday 3 Gold and Sharke – The Panther Tech
- How to Hack or Disable Cameras in Payday 3 – The Panther Tech
How to Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty High CPU Usage
High CPU usage in Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is a common concern among players. It can lead to reduced performance, lower frame rates, and even system overheating. Several factors contribute to this problem, and understanding them is the first step in finding a solution.
- Game Optimization: Cyberpunk 2077 has a reputation for being demanding on hardware due to its vast and detailed game world. Even with powerful CPUs, the game may not be optimized to utilize them efficiently.
- Background Processes: Running background processes, such as streaming software or resource-intensive applications, can exacerbate CPU usage issues in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Outdated Drivers: Graphics card and CPU manufacturers regularly release driver updates to improve game compatibility and performance. Using outdated drivers may result in high CPU usage.
- System Configuration: Hardware configurations vary, and certain setups may experience higher CPU usage due to a lack of compatibility or resource allocation.
Solutions to High CPU Usage
- Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Visit the official websites of NVIDIA or AMD to download the latest drivers compatible with your GPU model.
- Game Patches and Updates: Keep Cyberpunk 2077 up to date by installing patches and updates released by CD Projekt Red. Developers often address performance issues in these updates.
- Lower In-Game Settings: Reduce graphics settings within the game to lessen the CPU’s workload. Lowering settings like texture quality, shadow quality, and screen resolution can significantly improve performance.
- Background Processes: Close any unnecessary background processes and applications before launching the game. This will free up system resources for Cyberpunk 2077.
- Adjust CPU Affinity: In some cases, manually setting CPU affinity for the game can distribute the load more evenly across CPU cores. However, this should be done cautiously, as it may not work for all systems.
- Hardware Upgrades: Consider upgrading your CPU or cooling system if you are consistently experiencing high CPU usage and have an outdated or insufficient setup.
- Check System Requirements: Ensure your PC meets or exceeds Cyberpunk 2077’s system requirements. The game may struggle on lower-end systems.
High CPU usage in Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty can be a frustrating experience, but with the right approach, you can significantly improve the game’s performance on your system. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can address the issue and enjoy a more enjoyable and immersive gaming experience in Night City. Remember to keep your hardware and software up to date and fine-tune in-game settings to strike the right balance between performance and visuals.