There are two types of Windows, those that are brought later on and then installed on the system using the digital key, and then the Windows that come preinstalled on your device. Here in this guide, we will be answering whether the Preinstalled Windows is Forever Free or Does It Require License Renewal?
Windows Preinstalled On Device is Permanent
When you buy a device with Windows installed on it, the whole Windows is yours and permanent, meaning the Preinstalled Windows is Forever Free and doesn’t require a License Renewal.
How to check whether the Windows Product Key is Original or Not?
- Search for Command Prompt
- Right-click and click on “Open as Administrative”
- Type “wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey”
- Press Enter to find the Windows Key
Also, you can head over to the manufacturer’s website and check whether your Windows came preinstalled on the system or not.
How to know whether Windows is permanent or not?
If Windows is Activated, then it means that it is permanent and won’t require you to re-activate it later on. Here’s how to check whether the Windows is Activated or not, meaning it is permanent or not.
- Search for Settings in Windows
- Type in “Activation” and search for that in settings
- Open the Activation Settings
If it says “Windows is Activated”, then it means the Windows is permanent and won’t require you to Renew the License.