Windows 11 might look spectacular, but it is nowhere as perfect as Windows 10. One specific issue that players recently had was the Settings File System Error Code -789839862 on Windows 11. If you are suffering from the same problem, then you are at the right place because we will show you how to fix that.
More TPT Guides below;
- How to Fix System32 Folder Keeps Popping Up At Startup in Windows 11 – The Panther Tech
- Remo Recover Windows Review – Data Recovery Made Simple – The Panther Tech
- How to Custom Install Linux Pop OS with Windows – A Step-by-Step Guide! – The Panther Tech
- How To Fix Windows Factory Reset Stuck – The Panther Tech
What is Windows 11 Error Code -789839862?
Whenever Windows 11 fails to launch the settings, this Error Code appears. Using the Run Dialog on Windows 11, you can basically do anything, even launch the settings. Sometimes, this results in a failure and you experience a code “-789839862”.
So, that is basically the issue here, which is quite understandable. When it comes to fixing it, you will have to run two codes on the command prompt. Let’s get to the fix below.
Fix Settings File System Error Code -789839862 on Windows 11
- Open Windows 11 Search
- Type “CMD Prompt”
- Right Click on the “Command Prompt” and Run as Administrator
- If you come across a window, click on “Yes”
- Copy/Paste “sfc /scannow” and Press Enter (Don’t restart afterward)
- Now, Copy/Paste “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” (Restart afterward)
After a bit of patience, you can simply give your system a good restart and use Windows 11 without having the Settings File System Error Code -789839862.
Dialogue Box is one of the most important tools in Windows 11. Using it you can access your Windows 11 Settings. But, sometimes there is a failure alongside a specific code. To Fix Settings File System Error Code -789839862 on Windows 11, you will have to run the scan and then restore the health using Command Prompt. We got you covered here in our guide.