Lords of the Fallen is a complete souls-like experience, backed up by a multiplayer game mode that allows you to play against other human players. But, the issue that players are continuously faced with is the Lords of the Fallen Stuck or Locked on 60 FPS. While Framerates don’t matter for most Souls-like games, they do for an Unreal Engine 5 (UE5) masterpiece like Lords of the Fallen (LotF).
What is the Reason Behind the 60 FPS Lock on Lords of the Fallen (LotF)?
Lords of the Fallen is a Souls-Like game that has a specific playstyle and speed of the game. Most of the Souls-Like Games are locked naturally on 60 FPS to preserve that specific style and speed of gaming.
If you had more than 60 FPS, that would just make things unbalanced and quite easy to go through. You could dodge and parry attacks seamlessly without any competitive aspect.
Therefore, Lords of the Fallen has been locked on 60 FPS and you would find the game to be stuck on these Frame Rates.
On the other side of the debate, when you enter the Multiplayer COOP Mode of Lords of the Fallen, the game is Stuck on 30 FPS.
Can you Fix the Lords of the Fallen 60 FPS Lock?
No, there is no way to fix the 60 FPS Lock in Lords of the Fallen, as the game developers have it from the backend of the game. This is made to preserve the specific play style of Souls-Like Games.
But, there are ways to keep the 60 FPS consistent in the game.
- Unlock FPS: First and foremost, you have to check the settings inside the game, whether the FPS is locked or not. Head over to the Nvidia Control Panel and in the Custom Game settings, unlock the FPS. Also, make sure no 3rd party software is locking FPS.
- Lock FPS to 60: Following the steps above, you can lock the FPS to 60 from either the Rivatuner Statistics Server, Nvidia Control Panel, or the game.
- Lower Graphics: Head over to the Lords of the Fallen in-game graphics settings and reduce the preset to either Medium or Low. Also, try reducing the Resolution to have a constant 60 FPS.
- Update Drivers: Use Nvidia Experience and AMD Adrenaline to download the latest GPU Drivers. Write an update on the Windows search bar and make sure all things are up to date.
- Disable Vsync: In the game settings disable the Vsync to improve your FPS irrespective of what your Gaming Monitor can accommodate.
- Change Display Settings: Head over to the Video Settings of Lords of the Fallen and from there change the Display Settings from Windowed to Fullscreen, or shuffle them around.
- Restart and Close Applications: Background apps can drain your system of its resources, not performing to the fullest extent. Therefore, you should restart the system and in the task manager, close all unnecessary apps.
In Short: Lords of the Fallen (LotF) is stuck/locked on 60 FPS because of the developers, as they had it done intentionally to preserve the specific playstyle of the game. You are locked on 30 FPS when inside the COOP Multiplayer of the game. You can follow our troubleshooting methods to gain consistent 60 FPS, and that’s the best you can do.