The Finals is an all-new Competitive FPS, that is basically a combination of every other popular FPS game out there including Counter-Strike, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, and even Warzone. You can destroy the environment to create new entrances and traps for your enemies to walk over.
While the has just been launched as a Playtest Beta, many players are stuck on the Loading Screen of The Finals Playtest Beta. For the most part, the reason is game’s server is glitching out and giving players strange errors as well like Error Code 500. Let’s get to fixing it below.
Why is The Finals Beta Stuck on the Starting Screen?
The Finals is in the early stages of the game, and the developers only launched their playtest beta, for players to check out what’s actually cooking and for the devs to see where the game bugs out a lot.
During these playtest phases, the game might be prone to various server issues, including the server occasionally shutting down, either for maintenance or a quick bug fix. The Finals got a ton of players in the beta stage, therefore, it could also be the reason for the game’s strange behavior.
How to Fix The Finals Playtest Beta Stuck on the Loading Screen?
For the most part, game servers are down which results in The Finals Playtest Beta being Stuck on the Loading Screen. Just wait for a while and restart your Steam Launcher completely, when the servers are up and running.
It is pretty common for AAA titles to launch their Beta Playtest for players to enjoy and the servers are temporarily made unavailable to fix some issues. You can check back on The Finals Twitter X, to check whether the Servers are Temporarily Down or not. In case they aren’t, then you will be greeted with a Download Failed Error.
While you are at it, there are some other steps you can take to try out your luck on fixing The Finals Stuck on Loading Screen.
- Close Steam Complete and Restart: Sometimes the Steam Launcher is the cause of the issue. You need to close it completely using the Task Manage and then restart your system, getting back to the game.
- Verifying the Game Files: Right-click on The Finals and then head down to the properties. From here, you can go to the Files Tab and then Verify Game Files.
- Close Unnecessary Programs: Check back on the background apps that are running without you noticing. Close all of those and only have the important ones.
- Update GPU and Drivers: Use Nvidia Experience or AMD Adrenaline to download the latest GPU Drivers. Also, search for Updates in the Windows Search Bar and let it update everything. The Finals is a new game and requires the latest firmware.
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall: Lastly, you need to Disable the Antivirus and Firewall to fix The Finals Stuck on the Loading Screen. Antivirus and Firewall block the game files to run efficiently on your system, tagging them as potential viruses.