If you’re like me, you probably have a ton of games in your Steam library that you hold dear. The last thing you want is to lose them, right? Well, don’t fret, because I’m here to guide you through the process of backing up and restoring your Steam games. It’s simpler than you might think, and it ensures that your gaming collection remains safe and sound.
Backing Up Your Steam Games
- Start by opening your Steam client and accessing your game library.
- From your list of games on the left-hand side, right-click on the game you want to back up and choose “Properties.”
- In the “Properties” window, click on the “LOCAL FILES” tab. Here, you’ll find the “BACK UP GAME FILES” option. Click it.
- Steam will display a list of games available for backup. Your chosen game should already be selected. You can now specify where to save the backup and whether to split it into smaller files.
- Click “Next” to initiate the backup process. Steam will compress your game files. The time it takes depends on the game’s size.
- Once the process is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation message. Your game is now safely backed up.
Restoring Steam Games
- If you ever need to restore your game, locate it in your Steam Library, as in Part 1.
- Right-click on the game, select “Install” from the menu.
- Steam will start the installation process but quickly recognize your backup. It will ask if you want to install from a backup. Choose “Next.”
- You need to locate the folder where you saved your backup files. Browse your system and select the folder.
- Now, it’s up to Steam. It will extract and install your game from the backup. Once the installation is done, your game is back, safe and sound, ready to be played.
That’s it! Whether you’re looking to safeguard your game progress or simply want to keep your favorite titles, these simple steps have you covered. No more worries about losing your prized game library. Happy gaming!