The gaming world was set ablaze with anticipation when Bethesda announced Starfield, a spacefaring epic promising to be the studio’s magnum opus. With the weight of enormous expectations and a legacy of beloved titles like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Starfield bore the burden of enormous hype. Now that it’s finally here, the question on everyone’s mind is whether it lived up to that hype.
Starfield, an eagerly anticipated expansive realm of role-playing adventure, emerges as the brainchild of Bethesda Game Studios and the brainchild of Bethesda Softworks. The grand unveiling of this gaming masterpiece was set to grace our screens on September 6, 2023, primed for a release on the Microsoft Windows platform as well as the esteemed Xbox Series X/S. Just recently, the curtain was lifted on the early access phase and the official version of Starfield. Just recently, players faced issues with saving. In this blog post, we will explore How to Fix Failed to Create Save Game Error in Starfield.
- How to Get the Best Sniper Rifle in Starfield – Despondent Assassin
- How to Get Speechless Fire in Starfield (Unique Legendary Weapon)
How to Fix Failed to Create Save Game Error in Starfield
Before we launch into the solutions, it’s essential to understand what the ‘Failed to Create Save Game’ error signifies. This error occurs when the game is unable to save your progress, potentially causing you to lose hours of gameplay. Several factors can trigger this error, but we’ve gathered the most effective solutions to help you get back on course.
If you’re encountering the “Failed to Create Save” error in Starfield, you can try the following solutions:
- Run as Administrator: One of the simplest solutions is to run Starfield as an administrator. Right-click the game’s shortcut or executable file, then select ‘Run as administrator.’ This can often resolve permissions issues that might be causing the error.
- Disable OneDrive for Documents Folder: If you use OneDrive for cloud storage, it might interfere with the game’s save functionality. Disable OneDrive syncing for the ‘Documents’ folder, which is where Starfield saves its game data.
- Whitelist Starfield: Whitelisting Starfield in your antivirus or firewall settings can prevent it from being blocked or having its save game process interrupted.
- Controlled Folder Access: Some players have found success by turning off ‘Controlled Folder Access’ in Windows Security settings. This feature can restrict access to certain folders, including where Starfield saves data.
- Verify OneDrive Settings: Double-check your OneDrive settings to ensure they aren’t conflicting with the game’s save process. Make sure you have sufficient space and that the folder isn’t set to ‘read-only.’
- Different Windows Account/Admin Mode: Trying a different Windows account or running Starfield in admin mode can help bypass any user-specific issues that might be causing the error.
- Local Backup: Make a local backup of your important files within the ‘Documents’ folder before making any changes to prevent data loss.
- Verify Game Files: If all else fails, verify the integrity of your game files through the game platform (e.g., Steam or Bethesda Launcher) to ensure no corrupted files are causing the issue.
The ‘Failed to Create Save Game’ error in Starfield may momentarily halt your cosmic exploration, but with these comprehensive solutions, you can swiftly get back to traversing the celestial expanse. Remember that technical hiccups are part of the journey in the gaming universe, and there’s always a way to navigate through them. Now, go forth and resume your epic adventures in the captivating world of Starfield.