Mortal Kombat 1 is the latest and greatest from Netherrealm Studios, who made the MK Franchise. After the release of MK11, we have the all-new MK1, instead of 12. The reason is the storyline and a fresh start after everything got destroyed in MK11. However, some players reported an issue with the Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1) Black Loading Screen after they got into the game and played for a while. Let’s get to the details below.
About MK1 – AKA Mortal Kombat 1
After the release of Mortal Kombat 11 (MK11), the gurus at NetherRealm Studios, and Warner Bros (WB), went ahead and renamed their next game in the franchise Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1). At this point, everyone either started from the beginning or went ahead and missed a digit. Why not NetherRealm?
Following the previous franchise base and style, Mortal Kombat 1, is referred to as a fresh start, but with the same set of rules. That same brutal fatality mechanism, on top of those saught-after characters, but with ever-flourishing graphics, and story-line.
Everything is perfect here in the franchise. The game doesn’t force you to have various microtransactions to unlock your favorite fighter, nor get those crisp cosmetics. You’re bound to love this one too here.
All in all, it’s a treat for players who are looking for the same Mortal Kombat Universe, but with a 2023 touch.
- How to Fix NBA 2k24 Not Launching – The Panther Tech
- Starfield Not Launching – Fixed! – The Panther Tech
- How To Fix CS2 Not Launching and Crashing – The Panther Tech
- How to Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Not Launching Issue – The Panther Tech
Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1) Black Loading Screen
If you are experiencing a black screen issue with MK1, here are some steps you can take to try to fix the problem:
Update your graphics card drivers
Your graphics card drivers are responsible for communicating between your computer and your graphics card. If your graphics card drivers are outdated, it can cause problems with games.
To update your graphics card drivers, follow these steps:
- Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer.
- Find the latest drivers for your graphics card.
- Download and install the drivers.
Verify the game files
The first thing you should do is verify the game files. This will ensure that all of the game files are present and in good condition. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam client.
- Click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on Mortal Kombat 1 and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files… button.
Steam will verify the game files and fix any problems that it finds.
Run the game in compatibility mode
Running the game in compatibility mode can sometimes fix problems with the black screen issue. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click on MK1 and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Select the radio button next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:.
- Select the operating system that you want to run the game in.
- Click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
Disable your antivirus software
Your antivirus software can sometimes interfere with games. To temporarily disable your antivirus software, follow these steps:
- Open your antivirus software.
- Find the option to disable the software.
- Disable the software.
Once you have disabled your antivirus software, try launching Mortal Kombat 1 again. If the game launches, then you can re-enable your antivirus software.
Reinstall the game
If you have tried all of the above solutions and you are still having problems, you can reinstall the game. To do this, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Mortal Kombat 1.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall MK1.
I hope this blog post has helped you fix the problem with the Mortal Kombat 1 (MK1) Black Loading Screen Issue. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.