Your Asus ROG Ally is an awesome gaming handheld, designed to give you an incredible gaming experience. To keep it running at its best, it’s important to ensure that its BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is up to date. You might think that updating the BIOS is a complicated task, but fear not! In this guide, we’ll take you through the steps to update your Asus ROG Ally’s BIOS, making it simple and hassle-free. This way, you’ll get the most out of your gaming device.
Before we get started, let’s quickly go over what BIOS updates are and why they matter. The BIOS is like the brain of your device, responsible for essential functions like booting up the operating system and configuring hardware. Manufacturers release BIOS updates to improve system stability, enhance compatibility, and even add new features. Keeping your BIOS up to date ensures that your device performs at its best and stays secure.
Before we dive into the BIOS update process, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Back Up Your Important Data: Although BIOS updates are generally safe, it’s always a good practice to back up your important data, just in case.
- Stay Connected to Power: Make sure your Asus ROG Ally is connected to a power source throughout the update process. Unexpected power loss during an update can cause issues.
- Know Your Current BIOS Version: It’s helpful to know your current BIOS version so that you can confirm if an update is necessary.
How to Update the BIOS of Your Asus ROG Ally
Now, let’s get into the steps to update your Asus ROG Ally’s BIOS:
- To start, click on the Windows icon on your ROG Ally to open the Start Menu.
- Next, look for the “My ASUS” app under “All Apps” and give it a click to open.
- Inside the “My ASUS” app, you’ll find an option called “Update Center.” Click on it.
- Within the “Update Center,” look specifically for BIOS updates. There should be an option to check for them.
- If a BIOS update is available, you’ll see a “Download” or “Update” button next to it.
- Click on this button to start the download.
- Once the download is finished, follow the on-screen instructions to install the BIOS update.
- Be prepared for your device to restart during this process.
- After the update is installed, double-check your BIOS version to make sure it matches the new version.
- You can usually find the BIOS version in the BIOS settings or the My ASUS app.
- Finally, restart your Asus ROG Ally to complete the BIOS update.
Updating your Asus ROG Ally’s BIOS is a simple process that can greatly enhance your gaming experience. By keeping up with the latest updates, you’ll enjoy improved performance, better compatibility, and increased security. Just remember to follow these steps carefully, back up your data, and keep your device connected to a power source during the update. With these precautions in place, you’ll have a smoothly updated ROG Ally ready for your next gaming adventure.