Cities Skylines 2 is a city-building simulation game where players are tasked with building and managing their own cities. One of the most important aspects of managing a city is ensuring that it has a reliable supply of electricity. However, as your city grows, you may start to experience electricity bottlenecks.
What is an electricity bottleneck?
An electricity bottleneck occurs when the power lines connecting your power plants to your buildings can’t handle the amount of electricity being demanded. This can lead to power outages, which can cripple your city.
Causes of electricity bottlenecks
There are a few things that can cause electricity bottlenecks:
- City growth: As your city grows, so does the demand for electricity.
- Zoning: If you have a lot of industrial or commercial zones, these will require more electricity than residential zones.
- Power plant capacity: If your power plants don’t have enough capacity to meet the demand for electricity, you’ll experience a bottleneck.
- Power line capacity: Power lines have a limited capacity to carry electricity. If you have a lot of buildings connected to a single power line, this can create a bottleneck.
How To Fix Cities Skylines 2 Electricity Bottlenecks
Here are a few things you can do to fix electricity bottlenecks:
- Place more transformer stations: Transformer stations increase the capacity of your power lines, allowing them to carry more electricity. Place transformer stations throughout your city, especially in areas with high demand for electricity.
- Upgrade your power lines: High-voltage power lines have a higher capacity than regular power lines. If you’re having bottlenecks in a particular area, try upgrading the power lines there to high-voltage.
- Build more power plants: If you’re simply not generating enough electricity, you’ll need to build more power plants. However, this can be expensive and time-consuming.
- Reduce demand for electricity: There are a few things you can do to reduce demand for electricity, such as building more energy-efficient buildings and zoning less industrial areas.
Electricity bottlenecks are a common problem in Cities Skylines 2, but they’re relatively easy to fix. By following the tips above, you can ensure that your city always has a reliable supply of electricity.