The PlayStation 5 (PS5) has revolutionized the gaming experience, offering cutting-edge graphics and an immersive gaming environment. However, like any technological device, the PS5 can encounter errors and issues. One common problem users face is the PS5 Error Code WS-118720-9, which can disrupt your gaming experience. In this guide, we will explore what this error code means, why it occurs, and most importantly, how to fix it.
Error Code WS-118720-9 on the PS5 is typically associated with connectivity issues between your console and the PlayStation Network (PSN) servers. When you encounter this error, you may see a message on your screen that says, “Something Went Wrong.” This can be frustrating, especially if you were in the middle of an intense gaming session or trying to download new content.
Several factors can lead to the PS5 Error Code WS-118720-9:
- PSN Server Issues: Sometimes, the error occurs when the PSN servers are down or undergoing maintenance. During these periods, your console may struggle to establish a connection.
- Network Connectivity: Problems with your home network, such as a weak Wi-Fi signal or DNS settings, can hinder the PS5’s ability to connect to the PSN.
- System Software Glitches: In some cases, software issues or corrupted data within your PS5’s system software can trigger this error.
How To Fix PS5 Error Code WS-118720-9 When Something Went Wrong
Now, let’s explore the steps to resolve the WS-118720-9 error and get back to enjoying your PS5 without interruptions:
- Before attempting any fixes, visit the official PlayStation Network Service Status page to ensure that the servers are operational. If there’s an issue on their end, you’ll need to wait until it’s resolved.
- Sometimes, the error can be resolved with a simple restart. Turn off your PS5 completely, wait for a minute, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, check your home network. Make sure your Wi-Fi signal is strong, and consider switching to a 5 GHz band if available.
- You can also try changing your DNS settings, as a misconfigured DNS can lead to connectivity issues.
- Ensure that your PS5’s system software is up to date. Outdated software can lead to various errors, including WS-118720-9.
If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to PlayStation Support for assistance. They can provide personalized guidance to address the error and help you get back to gaming.
Encountering the PS5 Error Code WS-118720-9 can be frustrating, but with the right steps, you can resolve it and enjoy your gaming experience once more. By checking server status, troubleshooting your network, ensuring your software is up to date, and contacting support when needed, you’ll be back to your favorite games without the “Something Went Wrong” message in no time.