Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms, and with its constantly evolving features, it’s essential to keep up to date with the latest additions. One of the most recent updates is the ability to comment GIFs on Instagram, making communication on the platform more fun and lively. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to comment with GIFs on Instagram.
How to comment with GIFs on Instagram
The process is simple and straightforward. First, make sure that you have updated your Instagram app to the latest version. Once updated, follow these steps:
- Go to the post where you want to comment with a GIF.
- Tap on the comment box as if you were going to type a regular comment.
- You will notice a GIF icon next to the camera icon. Tap on the GIF icon.
- A selection of suggested GIFs will appear on your screen. You can select any of the suggested GIFs or search for a specific one using the search bar.
- Once you have selected your preferred GIF, tap on it, and it will automatically be added to your comment box.
- Add any other text or emojis you wish to include with your GIF and then post your comment.
Benefits of using GIFs in comments
GIFs are short looping videos that can express ideas, reactions, and sentiments without spelling them out. They are a popular form of communication on social media and are often comedic. Commenting with a GIF can add a little more fun and personality to your comment, making it stand out from other comments. If you are a fan of using GIFs, this new feature on Instagram will make your comments more lively and enjoyable.
Guidelines for using GIFs on Instagram
It’s essential to follow Instagram’s community guidelines when using GIFs in comments. Instagram monitors all GIFs posted in comments to ensure they don’t violate community guidelines. If you post a GIF that is offensive or inappropriate, Instagram’s community team may remove your comment and restrict your account.
Commenting with GIFs on Instagram is a fun and straightforward way to add some personality and humor to your comments. With the new update, it’s easier than ever to use GIFs in your comments. Just make sure to follow Instagram’s community guidelines and be mindful of the content you share. Happy GIF-ing!
Masab Farooque is a Tech Geek, Writer, and Founder at The Panther Tech. He is also a lead game developer at 10StaticStudios.
When he is not writing, he is mostly playing video games