I still remember when Instagram was first released, there weren’t many restrictions for users… It was more of a free talk. But as time progressed, the strange community also started rising on Instagram, resulting in many restrictions. There are instances when Instagram will temporarily lock your account to maintain the experience and protect the community. When this happens you get a specific notice or error. So, we compiled this Guide on How to Fix “your account has been temporarily locked” on Instagram to help you out.
Are you a Victim of an Instagram Suspended Account and looking for an easy fix? Well, don’t worry, we got you covered with our Guide on How to Fix We Suspended Your Account on Instagram.
Why does Instagram Lock Account Temporarily?
Algorithms are running the back end of Instagram or any social media. Yes, there are some experts up-front, but AI is doing the hard work. In the Algorithm, there are specific rules and regulations put up, called the Policies of Instagram.
Whenever the Algorithm catches certain actions on Instagram that go against their Policies, then the red flags start appearing for that user. As a response, Instagram will lock the account temporarily because they think it breached the policies.
Amazingly, the computer catches you, meaning there is a quite high chance it might be the other way around. Meaning, you have nothing to do with violating the policies, or the content wasn’t even made for the purpose but still, it locked your account terming it as a violation.
It might even be a Technical Issue with Instagram that can give you the error of “your account has been temporarily locked” on Instagram. Below we got amazing Fixes for Instagram temporarily locking your account.
How to Fix “your account has been temporarily locked” on Instagram
When you get the above message, then it means only one thing. It’s redemption time! Simply Follow the Steps Below to Fix “your account has been temporarily locked” on Instagram.
Steps to unlock Instagram temporary locked Account
- Log into your Instagram Account that has been temporarily locked. If you can’t Log in, you can check out a guide here.
- Go straight to the form that says “My Instagram account has been deactivated”
- Or you can also search for that and choose the result that is from Meta or Facebook
- Put in the information, double-check your Email, and make sure it is the same as the one on Instagram that is temporarily locked.
- Explain the reason for the block, and tell them it is a mistake and you have no intention of breaking the policies.
- After completion, you can click on the “Send” Button
- You will get a reply from Instagram. It says you have to get a paper with the code they sent by Email and take a picture while holding it in your hand. Make sure your picture is clear and original, showing your facial features.
- Send the Email to them again and it will take some time. In case it gets approved, your Instagram Account will be unlocked. It might take hours, days, or even weeks.
Our Take on Instagram “your account has been temporarily locked” issue
There were many instances when the user had nothing to do with policy violation and still Instagram just locked their account temporarily, sending them the message “your account has been temporarily locked”. While on the other hand, there are some people posting things that are clearly against the policies and still there is nothing done about that.
It is just a silly thing that the policies are so strict in a strange manner. But, we are users and what can we even do against this thing? In case you are one of the victims of an Instagram Account getting locked without any reason, we got a solution in our How to Fix “your account has been temporarily locked” on Instagram.
If you don’t like Instagram Notes and looking for a way to get rid of it, we have here a complete Guide on How to Disable Instagram Notes Feature.
Hello there! I am just a human being with good skills in Content Writing, Graphics, and Photography. Also, I am not that good of an Electrical Engineer, although I am one. But I am exceptionally good in Tech, Gaming, Troubleshooting, and Learning New Stuff (for free obviously).