Installing is one of the simplest tasks that you can perform on your Windows 10 or 11 PC, but uninstalling something can be a nightmare. You are either uninstalling a program because of space or simply because it is causing you trouble. A simple right-click and Uninstall isn’t possible all the time, therefore, you might want to take the steps towards the Forced Uninstall of the Program. Here in this guide, we have the Top 3 Best Methods to Force Uninstall Programs on a Windows 10/11 PC.
Uninstalling Through Windows App Settings
Windows 10/11, both have built-in Apps Drawer through which you can find all the installed Programs and Applications. You can also uninstall the programs from there, without having to take extra unnecessary steps. This is by far the Easiest Method to Force Uninstall Apps. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Windows Search (Clicking the Windows Icon or Pressing the Windows Button)
- Type in “Apps”
- Press Enter
- From here, you can click on any program and then click “Uninstall”
Tip: You can press the Windows Key + X on your Keyboard to open the Quick Access Menu. From there, you can click on Apps and Features.
Using the Control Panel to Force Uninstall Programs
Windows 10 and 11 both have the Control Panel, from where you can Force Uninstall Programs if you are having trouble uninstalling them through the Windows Apps Settings. Here’s how to do it.
- Type in Control Panel on Windows Search
- Open the Control Panel
- Under Programs click on Uninstall a Program
Here, you can select any program you like and then right-click on that program. There will be a pop-up option of Uninstall available. In case the system doesn’t let you uninstall, you will have to close that program in the background.
Right-click on the Task Bar and then the Task Manager. In the programs find it and force close that program running in the background. Then, you will be able to Force Uninstall Programs on your Windows 10/11.
Note: While one program is uninstalling, you can’t uninstall another program. This is the Best Method to Force Uninstall Applications on your Windows PC.
Force Uninstall Programs using Command Prompt
Finally, you can also use the Command Prompt to write commands for uninstalling programs. This one is a bit tricky because you need to understand what is happening. If you are not a computer expert, we don’t recommend this method. However, here we have the steps to help you out.
- Press Windows Key + R on your Keyboard
- Type in “cmd”
- Press Enter to open the Command Prompt
- Type “wmic”, and press Enter
- Type “product get name” and press Enter
- All the names of programs will appear
- Find the program you want to Force Uninstall on your Windows
- Type in “product where name=”product name” call uninstall”
- The “Product Name” should be replaced by the name of the program you are looking to uninstall.
- Press Enter afterward
So, these are the top 3 Methods to Force Uninstall Programs on your Windows 10/11 PC. Using Command Prompt is not that effortless, but the easiest of them all is the use of Windows Apps and Features Settings. Typically, the most common OG way of Uninstalling Applications is using the Control Panel. Kudos!