Lord of the Fallen is a remake of the 2014 game with the same game title. But, after nearly a decade they really got the things right. LotR has everything, ranging from the deadly environment, complex game mechanics, and dual-world, to those jaw-dropping graphics. The game is available on Consoles, including PlayStation 5 (PS5), and Xbox, but the Windows PC version was the last one to get released.
The game is all right on most of the part, but there are technical issues here and there. Lords of the Fallen Freezing on Character Creation, Loading Screen is one of the most notable ones, as players couldn’t even play the game because Lords of the Fallen kept crashing. There are various reasons behind the game bugging out, and we are going to help you troubleshoot them one by one.
How to Fix Lords of the Fallen Freezing on Character Creation, Loading Screen?
Change Pcore and Ecore Value
Head over to the system bios and from there change your Pcore and Ecore values, downgrading them to some extent, but not that much. For example; shift the P1 from 58 to 57, and reduce all other Pcores one digit down.
Not only that, you will also have to Sync to all cores on the Ecores of your system, like from 44 to 43. Restart your system, restart the game and you can fix the Lord of the Fallen Freezing on the Loading Screen.
Change Scaling on Windows
On the Windows home screen, press the Windows Key, and search for Display Settings. Type in Display and press enter to get to the options.
From there, you can change the size of the text and apps, and after clicking on the drop-down option, you can also change the Scaling on Windows. Take it down a bit and the game will start without any Freeze.
Verify Game Files
One of the most common reasons for a game freezing, especially at the character creation screen is corrupted game files. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Open your Steam or GOG client.
- Navigate to your game library.
- Right-click on “Lords of the Fallen.”
- Choose “Properties.”
- Go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
This process will check for and replace any damaged game files, which could be causing the game to freeze.
Update GPU Drivers
Outdated or incompatible GPU drivers can lead to game freeze as well. To update your GPU drivers:
- Visit the website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, etc.).
- Download the latest drivers for your specific GPU model.
- Install the new drivers and restart your PC.
Updating your GPU drivers can significantly improve game performance and stability. Also, you can update your peripheral drivers by typing Update on Windows search and searching for Updates.
Lower Game Settings
Sometimes, pushing your PC’s hardware to the limit can cause Lords of the Fallen to Freeze. Here’s how to adjust your game settings:
- Launch Lords of the Fallen.
- Go to the in-game settings menu.
- Lower graphical settings such as texture quality, shadow quality, and resolution.
- Save the changes and restart the game.
By reducing the graphical demands on your system, you can minimize Lords of the Fallen Lagging.
Running too many background applications can strain your system’s resources. To prevent this:
- Close any unnecessary programs or browser tabs running in the background.
- Use Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to end processes that consume excessive CPU or RAM.
This frees up your system’s resources for the game.
Run as Administrator
Running as an administrator can help you fix Lord of the Fallen Freezing at Character Creation or Loading Screen. Here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to the game’s installation folder.
- Right-click on the game’s executable file.
- Select “Run as administrator.”
This ensures the game has the necessary permissions to run smoothly.